Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Simple Joys of Cartoons


I can't describe accurately how much I enjoy my morning routines, especially the part where I look at my favorite cartoon - For Better Or For Worse.

This comic takes place in Canada, which I forget every now and then until the write throws in a word like "queue" or "going to university", and is written by Lynn Johnstong. It's about the fictional Patterson family: John and his wife Elly, their children, Michael, Elizabeth and April, and extended family. I've been reading this since Michael was in high school, and now he's married with two kids!

Call it silly, call it my 20 second soap opera, but I just can't say enough about this family! Rumor has it that it will end in less than two years (a rumor that I ignore) but until it does, I faithfully log on to www.fbofw.com every day to read the latest adventure. Today's strip was so good, I just had to blog about how much I enjoy it!

No comments: