Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Modern Day Sampler

My mom is a great cross-stitcher and made a beautiful jungle animal sampler for Avery and is making another hot-air-balloon one for Cassidy.  I can't wait to see it!  I created my own modern day cross stitch sampler based on this fantastic design by Laura at Markham Street Designs.


All I did was use Laura's example and tool around using WordArt on Microsoft Word in the colors of both of the kids' rooms.  I then uploaded them to the FedEx/Kinko's website, opted to have each one printed on cardstock, and for a mere $3, I got nice heavy printouts in color.


Then, I headed over to Michael's for cheap white frames (on sale!), and put it all together.  I think it's a great way to display all of that vital info that everyone wants to know while keeping it modern and fresh.  It's not the labor of love that my mom does, but I think it's pretty.

The finished product for the nursery
Hanging above the glider
Want to try it out?  Take the template by clicking the link below!  (Note that it previews a little weird, but when I open it in Word, it looks just like the final version).  If you use it, be sure to let me know in the comments below!

Try it out here!


No comments: