Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I know, no Friday post and no Sunday Linky Dinkie last week.  I suck.  Well, I'm back to work as of last week, and THAT sucks, so it's been a chaotic time.  But, we're back and with an easy fix to a common problem.  I got this idea from my sister who blogs over at Sunbeam Yellow.

Before: I kept all my makeup brushes in this green "vase" that actually has rather sharp edges.  I apparently also keep a marker in there.


So, on a recent IKEA trip, I was wandering through the marketplace with nothing to really buy (a very dangerous state to be in while in IKEA) and I picked up this cheap vase and these rocks, which, of course have their own Swedish name.  God forbid something in IKEA not be called Knarblas or Elkdorf.  

KNASTER rocks for $0.89 at IKEA
Put Tab A in Slot B, or in this case, drop your Knasters in your vase (oddly unnamed) and put your brushes in.  It looks like an odd little rock terrarium.


And there you have it.  Rocks go with about everyone's bathroom, and I can just push them in when I'm done and the brushes don't get bent out of shape (anymore).  Total cost was about $3. And that, my friends, is what we call a win.

No comments: