Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Behind the Scenes Photo Shoot

Inspired by Young House Life (anyone tired of me stealing their ideas?  Me neither!  Bwah ha ha) I am taking once-a-week photos of Cassidy.  Here's a little peek at these behind the scenes.

The finished project might look like this:


 But first we start with a yard of fabric (purchased at Walmart for less than $5) and we spread it out on the bedroom floor.  I FINALLY got an idea of good lighting this week (it only took me 16 weeks to figure it out) so the pictures are getting progressively better.

We take lots of pictures - this week she was really into her feet, but I need to leave enough room on her onesie for the words.  So we ended up with a lot of pictures like this:


 After that's done, I go into PicMonkey and use their (free!!!) editing software to put the words on her chest.  Sure, if I had more time and was smarter, I could make the words wrinkle like they are part of her shirt....but...well, we've talked about how lazy I am.  I also do a little touchup, lighting fix, and cropping to make sure it looks good.  I also try to use different facial expressions and poses with her.  She takes adorably cute smiley photos every week, but sometimes it's fun to throw in a crying face or a serious expression or a fun accessory for a holiday.

Sleepy picture

Happy Halloween!

Being 14 weeks is the worst!
When it's all said and done, I put the pictures in a Shutterfly book that I save so when the year is over, I can print it out and make a copy for Nana and Paw Paw :-)

At the end of her first year, I'll be giving away 52 different scraps of fabric, so stay tuned in September!

No comments: