Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mamma got some bling

I had quite the jewelry infused Christmas holiday!  First....THIS TOTALLY HAPPENED:

Yikes, grey hair....time for a touchup
Ka-POW!  Ears pierced.  What?  It's not a big deal?  You should have told me that 20 years ago.  Yep, after 33 years of hole-less ears, I finally got my ears pierced.  And, because the universe likes to be mean to me, I actually got THREE punches in the ears because after the second earring went it, it actually broke and the whole thing had to be redone.  Good times.  To celebrate, I let Jon pick out my first non-starter earrings and he got me these cute little starfish so by the time Belize rolls around, I can wear them :-)

Then, this happened:


SMACK!  For our 5 year anniversary (October of 2011), Jon set aside some money for a proper wedding ring (not that I don't love the cheap little silver band we bought in St. Lucia, but you know, a little sparkle wouldn't kill a girl).  I used part of this money to buy back the engagement ring that disappeared when our house got robbed, and the rest has just been sitting around.  We finally went through a few jewelry stores before I set my eyes on this 1/2 carat gorgeous band.  Small enough to not be annoying, but with just enough sparkle to be special. 

So I got all blinged out in just one day.  Why can't every day be blingy day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

And yay for pierced ears! Now you can troll Etsy for cute earrings.

Any particular reason why you hadn't ever done it?

Alison Beach said...

First, I was scared. Then, I joined the Army where you can't wear earrings. Finally, I just got used to myself without them. But I think having a little girl made me want to be more girly for her.

Mary said...

Psht on the gray...looks like "ash blonde" to me gorgeous! ;-)
And the ring is BEAUTIFUL!