Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

I am a runner, #3.

Long overdue, but another 5K in the books!  This run wasn't a timed train-up run, but part of being a runner is being able to get out and run a 5K with no training!  My family and I decided to run the Ugly Sweater Run 5K in St. Louis, which was a lot of fun!

Bright shoes ready to race!
Our family was admittedly more into keeping warm and dry (it was barely in the 30s and pouring down rain most of the time) than we were dressing up, but some people went all out!

The fam

I ran mostly with my brother-in-law Lee, my nephew, Sawyer, and my niece, Savannah.  We all got these awesome hats as well as mustache tattoos and free beer (for me, not the kiddos)

In the warm car
The "race" was long and slow and I basically just trotted for 5K, but the kids were awesome!  Sawyer got a few lifts from his dad (and was pretty exhausted that night) but everyone finished strong!  A great time had by all!

Lee giving a lift to Sawyer

No comments: