Pages

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

R&R Leave - By the Numbers!


Well, I’m back in lovely Iraq following 15 blissful days of R&R. I thought I would break down the excitement of this vacation by the numbers…so here you go:

1 – the number of sparkly engagement rings I received from Jon

48 – the number of sparkly tiny diamonds in said engagement ring

4 – the number of wedding venues looked at before deciding on one

5 – the number of hours it took to get to Germany from Kuwait

8 – the number of hours it took to get from Kuwait to Atlanta

2 – the number of hours it took to get from Atlanta to Indianapolis

3 – the number of times the plane back to Germany had to attempt to lift off before it managed to do so

124 – the temperature in Kuwait when I got back

2am – the time the concrete breaking machine stopped working outside our window in Las Vegas every night

7am – the time the machine started up again every morning

70 – the number of dollars I lost playing Blackjack (Jon: You’re doing everything right, Ali, I swear!)

200 – the number of dollars Jon WON

1 – the number of not-so-surprising engagement parties Jon’s family threw for us

0 – the number of times I messed up a name in Jon’s huge family during the weekend

5 – the number of geocaches I found (more on this later)

10 – the number of wedding planners I looked at in Barnes and Nobles before my mind went fuzzy and I left the store

2 – the number of hours Mom and I spent playing the online Treasure Hunters game

5 – the number of minutes I did any type of exercise

10 – the number of plane rides I took while on leave

And that’s it in a nutshell. More on geocaching and Jon’s amazing proposal later, but I wanted to get something up on the blog before the 2 people that read this start complaining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooch... Temporary blindness... to too much bling on your left hand!!!

Anonymous said...

Ali-
It's Mary. Jeremey's wife. :) I've been checking your alitary page ever since you got sent back and had gotten concered about lack of updates.
Decided to Google you and found your journal. Glad you're okay and congrats on the engagement. Miss you and we expect a visit from you guys once you're stateside again!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Haha! At least THREE PEOPLE read it.

... sucker.

Anonymous said...

Ali,
I see that my natural love of counting has taken root:
13-the number of steps as I go down to and up from the basement.
298-the number of step in the powerhouse from elevation 486' to the 9th floor.
4-the number of years to retirement.
5-the number of years Ali hasn't been home for Christmas. Soon to be reduced to 0.
Love you, Dad