Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Newlywed Game


Well, I guess my Newlywed time is over, as Jon and I hit our one-year mark last week. It's been such an unconvential year for us, moving from Europe to the States, getting settled in Boston, Jon travelling a lot, me working in the civilian world, blah blah blah, that it seems like it's been a year-long adventure. In a good way :-)

Anyway, to celebrate, we went down to New York City and saw a couple of shows on Broadway, which I had never done before (at least in Broadway - I was a West End regular in London over the last few years) Both shows were amazing and funny. We also kicked some serious ass thanks to the speed-reading skills of yours truly at an arcade where were ended up with over 1000 tickets. And we got called racists, when someone hawking flyers for a comedy show made some comment when we brushed him off about us being afraid of black people. Sorry dude, I just don't want to see your lame comedy show!

The trip to NYC has me itching to get back into community theater, which of course I can't do until the summer comes around. Not being in a show is driving me crazy at the moment, but I'll have to just enjoy from the audience until school gives me a break in May.

Sorry for the lack of posting - someone really should have told me how much reading there would be in law school.....

No comments: