Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why this is the best product ever


I love makeup - it's like coloring...ON YOUR FACE! Anyway, I regularly buy makeup products. Some that work, some that don't work. The funny thing is, I really like looking natural with my makeup, yet I buy all kinds of crazy things. But, that's neither here nor there.

The point of this entry is to talk about my new favorite product, Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain. I first saw this, I think, on America's Next Top Model. It's the episode where they do the Cover Girl commercial, except in the footage where they show the girls getting their makeup done, the makeup artists are all "Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain is the best! It goes on so smooth and stays on for hours!" Um...we get the whole episode is one big commercial, no need to lay it on. BUT, and I hate to admit this, those makeup artists are right on this one. Here's why this product is awesome.

1 - It looks like a magic marker, so I feel like I'm literally coloring on my face. And who doesn't like coloring? It soothes my inner child.

2 - It doesn't cake on your lips, which the primary reason I never wear lipstick as opposed for lip gloss. Plus, lipstick makes you look older and lip gloss makes you look young, fresh, and dewy (I read that on Mindy Kaling's old blog). Anyway, this is the best of both.

3 - It stays on for a long time. It's so light, I thought it was like a lip gloss until I reapplied it a lot and probably walked around looking like a red-lipped freak all day.

4 - It smells pretty nice, and tastes ok, too! I thought it would smell like dry erase maker, because that's what it feels like, but it smells fine and the taste (yes, I realize I'm not supposed to be eating my makeup) doesn't make you want to barf.

5 - They are buy-1-get-1-free at CVS this week. RUN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to try that! I can never get lipstick to stay on!