Pages

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Excuse my gushing


Jon and I have a relationship built on fun, sarcasm, and silliness, and we are rarely super mushy towards each other, so please pardon my mushiness as I talk about how great he was this weekend.

We headed down to NYC to do some sightseeing and see a Broadway show. Now, as you may or may not know, I suffer from chronic headaches that appear about twice a month. Sometimes I catch them early, and sometimes catching them early doesn't matter. As soon as we got off the train in NYC, I swung by RiteAid and picked up some Tylenol, because I could feel a small headache coming on. Eight hours later, before the curtain went up on Mary Poppins the Musical, I took a few more, and spent most of the show rubbing my head. Five hours later, I was in bed at the New Haven Hotel hoping that some sleep would solve it. Instead, at 4am, I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had. Now, many men would be sympathetic (as Jon always is because he's used to my headaches) and maybe offer to rub my neck or head. This was a bad one though. I kept tossing, turning, moaning, etc. Then, I heard Jon say "Hi, do you have any headache medicine? Is it open 24 hours? Ok, thanks." and realized he had called the front desk in the middle of the night to help me out. THEN, he threw on his clothes and walked a few blocks away to a 24-hour Walgreens to buy me medicine, which was very strong and very fast. This morning: no headache.

Again, it's nothing that surprises me in Jon that he would do this, but he really was a hero last night!

No comments: