Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas wrap-up



Jon and I had a fantastic Christmas this year, on our one-week whirlwind trip to the midwest. After his last final, we flew early in the morning to Indianapolis, drove 5 hours to St. Louis, and divided three days between his parents. It was great to meet our new nephew, Sutton, and spend time hanging out with siblings and all of our other nieces and nephews. On Christmas day we drove to Sullivan, Indiana to spend a few days with my family. We exchanged presents, played games, watched movies, and went to a basketball game for my alma mater (high school). After a couple of days, my sisters, their husbands, and the two of us trekked over to Bloomington to watch the Hoosiers dominate Bryant and then stayed with my best friend Justin and his wife Michelle at their house in Indy. We woke up the next morning, had breakfast with Michelle, watched Avatar, and flew back to Boston! A lot to cram in in one week.

We did great in the present exchange this year, I think. I gave Jon some cologne, a Top Chef cookbook, and a kitchen science kit thingy (much cooler than it sounds). Jon got me slippers, a travel kit for all my makeup and bathroom stuff (so I don't have to use plastice Target bags anymore) and my new digital camera! Sadly, I left the charger in Boston, so I only got St. Louis pictures before my camera died. We got lots of Best Buy gift cards from our parents, and I came away with some great scarves, makeup, etc from my sisters. I also got a really pretty business card holder from Jon's dad and step-mom, and some iTunes gift cards from my mom, a big "ticket" to hang in my theater-themed guest room, and other little things that were just perfect. Justin and Michelle also got us some things that will be helpful in preparing to expand our family.

All in all, a great holiday, but we're happy to be home. We're doing a very chill New Years Eve with just the two of us here at home, which will be nice. IU is playing Michigan, so hopefully that's on TV, and we have our trusty Gamecube to provide us entertainment. I hope all of you had a great holiday!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You guys look so cute! Glad you had a good holiday and travels!