Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Final Countdown

Ok, 5 days to go until the bar exam. The summer zipped by, and there are so many things I wish I could re-do, study wise, but it's too late. Like my hyperactive bar review professor says, it's time to be a lawyer. I took the LSAT in 2001, then again in 2005, so this exam is 9 years coming, and the only thing standing between me and the rest of my life.

The plan for the next few days is to go topic by topic, two hours at a time, getting in a good review, doing some multiple choice, and outlining essays so I've seen likely fact patterns. In the evenings, I'll be reading rules of all the law out loud to myself in the hopes that a few extra rules stick in my head.

My chances are good. First time takers in MA pass 90% of the time, and I've done above average in my practice exams. Plus, I have a ridiculous short-term memory. My concerns? Being able to recognize when I need to apply all the rules that I can remember, overanalyzing easy fact patterns, going too fast/too slow, running into obscure essays over topics I've spent less time on. But, we're all in the same boat, right?

No comments: