Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Loving blogs

I love blogs.  I probably read yours.  At least one person reads mine, and Kristy at The Life and Times awarded me the Liebster Award!  Thank you, Kristy!!

 Was ist das, you ask?  It's German for "dearest" and it's to show love for blogs with under 200 followers (those of us just trying to put thoughts out there to share with others!

As for my blogging history, back in the beginning of college in the late 90s, I taught myself HTML code so I could buy my own personal website, which was alitary.com (name suggested by my friend Adam who suggested a mix of Alison and Military - yes, that's where it came from!)  Before there were blogs, I had a person website with pictures, news, funny quotes, etc.  Now that there's Facebook and blogs, no one really needs a personal site anymore, so I just stick to those, but it's fun to reminisce about the old days.  I had a design-centric blog for a while before I realized I didn't have the time/talent/audience to mess with two blogs, so now stuff about my life, my family, and my projects appear on the Alitary Blog.  I think blogs are awesome, and as little bloggers, I think we should support each other by reposting entries we like on FB to encourage more readers and even more great entries!  Let's take the time to actually comment on each other's blog to start off great conversations! 

As for the Liebster, if you got it from me, like a bad STD, pass that baby on!  Here are the blogs I passed it on to:
And here's what the blog owners of THOSE blogs should do:
1. Thank the person who presented you with the award on your blog.

2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award on your blog.

3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.

5. Let them know you've chosen them by leaving a comment on their blog

So let's hear it for us little bloggers!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww, thanks! Let me know when you'll be in town and we'll definitely get together.

Alison Beach said...

Of course! May 24th is Jon's graduation, so we are looking to have dinner that night around Hanscom AFB. I know it's a bit far and a school night, but if there's any way you guys could swing it, it would be great!!

Unknown said...

It's so funny you mention all of this. I read your blogs, I have since I've known you...bet you didn't know I was reading them! Even when you were not in the country or vice-versa!

By the way, I've shared your blog to Aron and on Facebook and twitter and of course, I follow you too! :)

Aron and I had a conversation about a week ago on how we share each other's twitters, blogs etcetera and we can help each other get followers and comments. I started my blog 2 years ago but because I didn't know what I was doing and life got in the way I stopped. I love social media...it's part of my job now (PAO) and I'm addicted to trying new things. Part of the reason I restarted my blog was to begin to recreate my creativity that the military so lovingly took from me! :) I love your blog! You have a readership!

Alison Beach said...

Awww, thanks so much, Robin - I had no idea you were reading all this time! It's weird to go back and see how the theme of my blog has changed over the years! I think blogging is such a great way to put your thoughts out there and start conversations!!!