Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Grow Your Own Windows

I know, I know, you're sick of nursery pictures.  I'll be honest, I'm excited to be moving on to the next room also.  BUT, I wanted to share this really great tip that I found on the Interwebs on how to make your room and your windows look so much bigger.  It's easy: Just hang your curtain rod higher and wider than your window.  You always do this, but really exaggerate it to make the window look huge.

Here's what the window looked all naked:


And here's how it looks with curtains that are hung on a rod that's up high on the ceiling and pulled out much wider than the average curtain rod:



Do you see how extending the curtains makes the window look like it's much bigger than it is?  Very helpful in a tiny room like my nursery.

Go forth and grow your own windows!

No comments: