Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Legit Motivation



We all have goals that we probably won't ever achieve.  I want to lose 10 pounds, learn Spanish, and take more voice lessons.  I read something recently that talked about the motivating factor and how you need to create a REAL motivator to get something done.  A false motivator is bland.  What REALLY motivates you to achieve your goal?

Here are mine:

False Motivator:  I want to lose weight so I look good in a bathing suit.
Real Motivator: I want to lose weight because when I went to Belize the lady at the salon made sure to point out to me that they offered pre-natal massages and I don't want anyone else to ever mistake me for being pregnant.

So this sign now sits in my car near the window...the window I order McDonald's out of:


False Motivator: I want to take voice lessons so I can get back into musical theater.
Real Motivator: I want to take voice lessons because I want a fucking actual role in a musical because I hate being in love with something that I'm not awesome at.

So this sign now sits in my car near the radio...so instead of listening to the latest music, I can work on scales:


Make sense?  So what are you goals and what is the real motivation behind them?  And how do you REALLY motivate yourself?  Share :-)

2 comments:

Sandy Philpott said...

Ironically, I want to lose 10 pounds so I WILL hear the words, "We want you as 'featured dancer'." Do they make leotards with built-in Spanx?

Alison Beach said...

One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?