Pages

Friday, July 05, 2013

Backyard Beginnings

I forgot to include an picture of our little back area in our house tour (it's since been added to the New House Tour tab up top!) but our back area is really just a concrete slab, but it's OUR concrete slab :-) 


One of the great things about living on base is that you don't have to mow your own yard unless it's enclosed, so the only thing I have to worry about outside really is a bit of landscaping and this little area.  Our to-do list is posted on the New House Tour tab, but really what I want to do is clean up the patio by adding a nice little seating area.  I go back and forth between a real outside dining area and just a place to relax.  Jon's reluctance to spend money on an outdoor dining set has pushed me towards just making a place to hang out and watch Avery play.  So we started pretty simply, by picking up an uber-cheap ($17!) outdoor mat/rug at Home Depot just to create a space.  And hopefully furniture to follow!


Next I need to actually remove the mat and scrub down the patio, but I was just so excited, I had to share the start of everything :-)

No comments: