Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday Welcome Mat

So, I picked up a couple of these burlappy rugs at IKEA last month with plans to play around with them using paint.  The one I ended up using for my Christmas mat had already gotten some wear and tear from being out front, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

I picked up some stencils for about $3 from Amazon (yay for Amazon Prime - I'm obsessed!) and a sample jar of paint from The Home Depot (Red Licorice by Behr).


And voila!


The snowflakes look more like stars, but that's cool, too.  I was going to put them all over, but I kinda like the minimal trim.  The best projects end up changing halfway through, amiright??

It now sits on our front porch under our to-be-decorated-real-live wreath.  And right next to our what-am-I-going-to-do-with-this-chair chair.  Both, I think you'll agree are yawn-a-riffic.  More to come!

No comments: