Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Teacher Gifts

This one is fast and dirty, as I'm trying to get the house cleaned and everything packed up for our holiday trip to the Midwest, but I wanted to share what I got my kids' 10 (!!) teachers this year for Christmas:


Yep, it's a cookie recipe in a Mason Jar, just add butter, eggs, and a bit of vanilla. 


The recipe is from Spoonful.com, which is owned by Disney.  Luckily, I made a test batch a couple of weeks ago, because 1 stick of butter and 1 egg is NOT ENOUGH to make good dough.  At all.  I had to play around and double it and they came out much better.

Just for fun, I ordered pictures of the kids (5 of Avery, 5 of Cassidy - they each have 5 teachers), cut them out, and modge podged them onto the top. 



Putting it all together with a bit of yarn, some Christmas stickers, and careful pouring, and we get cute holiday cookies in a jar!


No comments: