Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ok, this time I mean it


Next year, if everything goes according to plan, is the year that I start popping out kids. As many as I can in four years, which means I'll be spending the next 4 years getting chubby or recovering from getting chubby, rinse and repeat. Which also means that it's time to get serious about diet and exercise. It's TIME TO GET SERIOUS! (Legally Blonde: The Musical - anyone? Just me? Awesome.) Relying on the joy that is my high metabolism is just not enough anymore, and I need to put a real effort into getting into the best shape I can.

I figure if I put it on my blog, then I'll have to follow through, because I'll feel accountable to the three people that read this. I don't really have a plan, even though I'm a plan-person, because all my plans fail and I feel worse. So there WILL BE NO PLAN, just hard work and discipline and self-flogging when I fail.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm with you! I just realized my wedding is less than a year away (actually less than 10 months) so I've just recommitted myself to exercise, this time for real, seriously.

I think you and John will have adorable children. Let me know when they're coming, because I love to knit baby stuff!

Mary Kate said...

I definitely think it helps with getting back into shape post-baby! Here's the only problem- I was in the best shape of my life last year... though I am happy I've mostly lost the baby weight, I now feel guilty that I'm not able to run a 5K!